Movie Files Recovery – How Do I Recover Movie Files
- Check the Recycle Bin or Backup Files
- Recover Movie Files via MiniTool Power Data Recovery
- Top 5 Causes of Movie Files Loss and Top 8 Preventions
- Bottom Line
- Related Articles
- User Comments
Accidentally delete important movie files? Have you ever deleted some movie files by mistake? Have you ever troubled by losing movie files on hard drive, memory card or USB drive? Let's see a true example from Windows seven forums.
Please help me to recover.
I will thank you if you can help.
In this case, is it possible to carry out movie files recovery? Now, read this post to find 2 solutions on how to recover lost movie files with ease.
Check the Recycle Bin or Backup Files
If you delete files by mistake, you can check the Recycle Bin. Windows Recycle Bin is a temporary storage for files that have been deleted by the user, but not yet permanently erased from the file system. Therefore, if you delete your movie file by mistake, you can restore it from Recycle Bin.
- Open Recycle Bin.
- Right-click the deleted file and choose Restore.
Alternatively, if you have backed up all needed important files, you can easily recover lost movie files from the backups.
However, what should you do if there are no backup files? What should you do if you mistakenly emptied the Windows Recycle Bin? Is there another way to restore lost movie files?
Want to know the best way?
Recover Movie Files via MiniTool Power Data Recovery
In general, if your movie files are lost due to various subjective or objective reasons, you don't need to feel panic as MiniTool Power Data Recovery can help you recover lost files from Windows effectively and easily.
- It owns 5 powerful functions to help users effectively recover data that have been lost in a variety of ways.
- It owns wizard-like and clean interfaces which can lead users to go through all steps without any difficulty.
- It is a read-only tool, thus users can use it to recover lost movie files and other files without affecting the original data.
- It not only can recover movie files from computer hard drive but also can recover movie files from memory card, USB disk and other storage devices.
- It can retrieve various movie file formats such as ASF, WMA, WMV, MOV, AVI, 3GP, MKV, MP4, FLV, OGG, M4A, etc.
- It can recover movie files, photo files, document files and other files from corrupted, formatted, damaged data storage devices.
- It supports various operating systems including Windows 7/8/10 and Windows Server OS.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery is the best all-in-one free data recovery software for Windows and server users. With only three-step, we could recover lost or deleted movie files safely and with ease. Want to know more information about this read-only and all-in-one data recovery freeware? Download the free edition of MiniTool Power Data Recovery, and have a try.
Now, let's see the detailed steps of movie files recovery.
Step 1: Download MiniTool Power Data Recovery, and then install it on computer and launch it. After that, select a suitable data recovery module in the main window.
Do not install the Power Data Recovery on the drive containing lost data. Otherwise, the original data could be overwritten, thus you cannot recover them.
In this window, you can see 5 relatively independent data recovery modules, and each of them focuses on different data loss scenarios.
- Undelete Recovery focuses on recovering deleted files and folders.
- Lost Partition Recovery is able to recover files after partition loss or deletion.
- Digital Media Recovery is designed to recover photo, music and video files from digital media devices.
- CD/DVD Recovery recovers lost or deleted data from CD as well as DVD disc.
- Damaged Partition Recovery can recover files from damaged, formatted and raw partition. In general, as long as the partition exists, you can recover lost data by using this module.
Here, to restore lost movie files, you can choose the Digital Media Recovery module.
Step 2: Select the drive containing lost data and then click Full Scan button.
Note: In this window, you can click Settings feature and then choose Audio & Video only and finally click Full Scan, which saves scanning time.
Step 3: Choose all needed movie files and then click Save button to store them.
You had better store them on another drive. Otherwise, the original data will be overwritten.
The free edition of MiniTool Power Data Recovery can only recover 1GB data (illustrated above).Therefore, it is recommended to choose personal edition to recover your massive important movie files.
After all operations are done, you have successfully recovered movie files.
"Good News! With the help of MiniTool Power Data Recovery, only three steps, I easily and quickly recovered lost or deleted movie files from Windows without bringing any damage to original data. Now, I hope you can try it. It will surprise all of you…"Click to tweet
Useful Tips: Recover Movie Files from Mac OS X
Now, a lot of users are running Mac computer since it is equipped with excellent OS – Mac OS X. However, no matter how wonderful an OS is, data loss is inevitable. On the other hand, since Mac OS is very different from the Microsoft OS, there is a little Mac file recovery software which can help to recover movie files. Fortunately, MiniTool Solution Ltd. released a piece of professional and simple Mac data recovery software – MiniTool Mac Data Recovery – to recover lost data including movies, documents, pictures, etc. from Mac. With the help of MiniTool Mac Data Recovery, the lost files on Mac OS X could be retrieved within 3 steps.
Tips: you can try the free(demo) edition to scan lost data, or directly use the personal license to get lost files back.
Step 1: Launch MiniTool Mac Data Recovery and select a suitable recovery module in the main interface.
As the best Mac data recovery software, MiniTool offers 4 recovery modules to provide service for different situations.
- Undelete Recovery module works only with deleted files and folders.
- Digital Media Recovery module helps you recover lost data from digital media devices. For example: USB flash drive, mp3 player, memory card, etc.
- Lost Partition Recovery is designed for data recovery from deleted or lost partition on Mac computer from different kinds of storage devices, such as hard disk, USB flash drive, and SD card.
- Damaged Partition Recovery is designed for recovering deleted files and folders from damaged, crashed or formatted partition. In general, files could be recovered as long as the partition exists.
Here, to recover movies files, you can choose Digital Media Recovery.
Step 2: Select the drive you want to recover movie files from and then click Full Scan button.
Step 3: Select all needed movie files, and then click Save button to store them on a safe place.
Top 5 Causes of Movie Files Loss and Top 8 Preventions
Although data loss is inevitable, it can be prevented with the proper precautions and safeguards in place. Here, before taking the necessary steps to prevent data loss from happening, you have to know the primary causes of data loss.
Reasons Responsible for Movie Files Loss
There could be several reasons for movie loss. Some of the common reasons are mentioned below:
1. Deleting Files Accidentally
Deleting files without having any backups available is the top risk of losing data. In general, we usually update files or delete files almost every day. Thus, no wonder we accidentally delete needed files or overwrite the parts we did not intend.
As a matter of fact, if we delete files by mistake, we don't need to feel panic. We can know how to recover deleted files and data by using a free undelete file recovery software as long as we read this post: Recovery Deleted Files.
2. Hard Drive Failures
Hard drives are the most fragile parts of computers, and they break down more often than any other device connected to computer. In general, hard drives fail for a variety of reasons such as power outages or surges, file corruption, human error, etc.
3. Viruses And Malware Infections
There are numerous new viruses that pop up every day, and they will put your data at risk. 35% of IT specialists reported that their companies had lost data due to malware infection, according to a B2B international survey. While being connected to the worldwide network has many advantages, it also comes at a cost. Computer viruses may destroy, steal or encrypt your data, and in some cases completely corrupt the hardware of your computer or infiltrate your entire network. For instance, WannaCry Ransomware attack began on Friday, 12 May 2017, and within a day was reported to has infected more than 230,000 computers in over 150 countries. Here, I guess you might be interested in this post: How to Protect Yourself against WannaCry Ransomware.
4. Power Failures
Power outages and power surges are bad for your computer and your data. For instance, when I transfer movie files from memory card to computer, the computer shuts down suddenly. Then, I can not find my movie files.
Have you ever suffered data loss because of power failures? Want to know how to recover files after power failures without bringing any damage to the original data? This post "Unexpected Shutdown – Missing Data? Get It Fixed Here" is recommended here to help you quickly, effectively, and safely recover lost files after power failures.
5. Spilling Coffee And Other Water Damages
Electronics and liquids do not play well together. When you spill any sort of liquid, whether it be water, coffee or any other beverage for that matter, you run the risk of short-circuiting your entire computer. Liquids cause short circuit of important electronic components and they are really hard to recover afterwards.
Take Preventative Action to Avoid Data Loss
See! There are many reasons that data loss can occur. However, fortunately, we can take the following steps to prevent data loss.
1. Backup data and files regularly to an external drive or cloud storage.
When it comes to data backup, you can try MiniTool System Backup. It is able to back up operating system, selected partitions, and even the whole disk with ease. With a copy of backup, you are able to quickly recover computer once a disaster occurs, like system crash, hard drive failure, etc.
2. Use anti-virus software and keep it updated.
3. Don't open suspicious emails or attachments.
4. Keep your machine in a dry, shaded, dust-free and well-ventilated area.
5. Protect against power surges with a UPS.
6. Don't delete files you don't know what they are, especially system files.
7. Think twice before deleting files by pressing Shift & Delete keys, and before emptying Recycle Bin.
8. Perform regular PC maintenance to ensure your drives are in perfect working order and to prevent crashes.
Are you suffering from movie files loss? If yes, you can try MiniTool Power Data Recovery. As the best data recovery software, MiniTool Power Data Recovery can help to quickly and effectively recover lost movie files within only 3 steps.
If you have any question about movie files recovery by using MiniTool Power Data Recovery, you can send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us comments below!