Recover Data From Corrupted Memory Card Now With An Amazing Tool
- Ways to Recover Data from Corrupted Memory Card
- Other Tips for Fixing Corrupted Memory Card
- Things to Notice
- Related Articles
- User Comments
To our knowledge, memory card has been applied to a lot of devices, such as mobile phone, tablet, digital camera and game machine. Due to the frequent use and remove, memory card corrupted now and then. For people who have saved important data in memory card, their first task would be finding ways to recover data from corrupted memory card. Noticing this, we decide to talk about how to recover files from memory card in detail.
We suggest you download MiniTool Power Data Recovery Free Edition V7.0 to local drive in computer and then install and launch it immediately to recover memory card data. Please be relaxing even if you have no experience in memory card recovery or other kinds of data recovery. Operation instructions can be seen in almost all the interfaces in this data recovery software for memory card. So you only need to look at the instructions to recover data from memory card easily.
After that, we'll introduce some tips for you to repair the corrupted memory card, trying to make it work normally, as usual. At last, we'll list some things that you should pay much attention to in order to avoid corrupted memory card problem as much as possible.
Ways to Recover Data from Corrupted Memory Card
When your portable memory card gets corrupted, formatted or damaged, all the data stored on it (such as photos, videos, and documents) may fall victim. Usually, when you insert the corrupted memory card to digital device/computer, an error message may appear. Or when you try to use it, you'll fail, seeing error prompt.
At this time, if you choose to ignore the problem or if you don't deal with it properly, you may lose the data on memory card totally. And it may lead to permanent data loss, leaving no chance for memory card data recovery. So, we advise you to stop using the memory card when you find it becomes corrupted, and then, try the following ways to recover data from it.
How to Recover Data from Corrupted Memory Card with Free SoftwareSince SD card is one of the most common types of memory card, we'll use SD card in the following steps to show you how to recover data from damaged SD card.
Step 1: prepare for recovery
After downloading the free edition of MiniTool Power Data Recovery, you should install it to your computer. Now, connect your memory card to computer properly and start the software immediately.
Note: you may need a card reader to help with the connection between memory card and computer
Step 2: carry out recovery
Click on "Damaged Partition Recovery" from the main interface of software -> select the corrupted memory card from partition list, as suggested -> press "Full Scan" button to detect files saved in this memory card -> look through the files found by software at the end of scan and check the ones you'd like to recover -> press "Save" button and then choose a storage path for those files waiting to be recovered from corrupted memory card.
1. You may also try "Digital Media Recovery" if you want to recover photos from SD card only.
2. You're able to preview a *.txt file or a picture by clicking on "Preview" button at the right side, in order to make sure if this is the file you really want to recover (you can also finish this by going to the storage path you've just selected and checking the recovered files).
If you can't find the partition that represents your corrupted card here, USB Flash Drive Not Recognized – Don't Worry Too Much tells more on how to recover data from corrupted memory card which is not detected by computer.
Step 3: check the recovery result
When you see following prompt window in this data recovery software for memory card, you can end the free memory card recovery.
And then, go to the place which you've selected to store recovered files in step 2 to check the recovered files and make sure you've got all data you need from corrupted memory card.
- If you have recovered all data you need, you should close the software.
- If you find some files you need are not recovered, you can go back to the scan result and check other files you need to recover.
Share With Others
Well, the reality is a lot of valuable files (more than 1GB) are saved on a memory card, so we highly recommend that you buy a personal license here (with discount) to break the 1GB free data recovery limit.
Please read Recover Data From Dead SD Card With This Easy And Safe Way to know more details on how to recover data off a corrupted/dead/damaged SD card.
Other Tips for Fixing Corrupted Memory Card
After getting important data off corrupted memory card, you must want to know how to fix the corrupted/damaged/crashed memory card. Or for people who have backed up important data in memory card, they care more about how to fix the problem so as to make the card usable again.
In view of this fact, we plan to introduce 3 other ways to help fix the damaged memory card & recover data at the same time.
How to Recover Data from Corrupted Memory Card without FormattingMemory card is relatively fragile, you're supposed to master the following ways no matter you're stuck in memory card corrupted problem right now or not.
The first way is to make use of the Windows built-in Error-checking feature.
If you can see your memory card in Windows Explorer, please complete those steps:
a). Right click on the memory card and choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
b). Navigate to the "Tools" tab and click on "Check now…" button under "Error-checking" feature.
c). Choose to modify "Check disk options" or just keep the default settings.
d). Click on "Start" button to let Windows perform a scan and fix found errors automatically.
The second way is to make use of Windows Disk Management:
If you're not able to see the memory card in Windows Explorer, please complete those steps:
a). Open Disk Management – right click Computer icon, choose "Manage" option and navigate to "Disk Management" under "Storage" (or you can finish this in other ways you like).
b). Now, you may see the memory card in the partition list, but you may surprisingly find there's no drive letter assigned to it. So you should right-click on it and choose "Change Drive Letter and Paths…".
c). Click on "Add" button in the pop-up window and then choose a drive letter for it.
d). At last, click on "OK" button to confirm the change.
Note: lacking drive letter may be not the only reason why your memory card doesn't appear in Windows Explorer; this can also happen when the file system of your memory card is not supported by Windows. At this time, you may need to right-click on it and choose "Format"; after that, allocate a drive letter to it by using "Change Drive Letter and Paths…".
"Change Drive Letter" of MiniTool Partition Wizard can also help you assign a letter to memory card. But, if file system of the memory card is not supported, please resort to "Delete Partition" & "Create Partition" or "Format Partition" & "Change Drive Letter".
How to Recover Files from Corrupted Memory Card Using CMDThe third way is to use cmd.exe to fix (this method is only suitable when memory card has a drive letter and only advanced users are advised to use this method):
Please complete those steps:
a). Click on "Start" button and type "cmd" into the search box.
b). Right-click on "cmd" from the search result and choose "Run as administrator".
c). Type "chkdsk *: /f", in which "*" stands for the drive letter of the corrupted memory card.
d). Press "Enter" in the keyboard to let computer check for possible errors and try to fix them automatically.
Share On Twitter
Things to Notice
We bet most of you would rather choose to protect memory card than recover data from corrupted memory card or fix the corrupted problem when accidents happen. Thus, we summarize following things that you should pay much attention to.
- When you eject the memory card from computer, please wait till it has been safely removed.
- When you need to take memory card out of camera, please turn it off and then remove.
- Taking new pictures or viewing photos in the low battery mode is not advisable.
- Place memory card in an environment with proper moisture and temperature and keep it away from water.
- We advise you to choose a memory card or a card reader developed by big brands, such as SanDisk and Kingston; they are of good quality and wonderful after-sales service.
- Do not remove memory card from computer/camera while data saved in it is still in processing.
- Do not use memory card in public places casually; otherwise, you'll be particularly vulnerable to virus and once the card is attacked by virus, files on it will be destroyed partially or completely.
- Do not open large files in memory card directly after you connected it to computer. Direct open will lead to not only slow response but also overheat, easy to burn out the memory card or shorten its service life.
- Do not take memory card everywhere with you. For instance, please avoid taking it to distribution room, electroplating factory, X-ray chamber, magnetic resonance room, CT room or anywhere near to welding machine.
1. If you disappointedly find several memory cards are corrupted or damaged after they were used in the same camera, you should suspect that there's something wrong with the digital camera.
2. If you have used a memory card for many years and problems occur on it frequently, you're supposed to throw it away after transferring data out to another safe place. Since a memory card often has a finite lifespan (it is said that memory card supports approximately 10,000 write/erase operations).
What is memory card (also known as flash card or memory cartridge)? Generally speaking, it is an electronic flash memory data storage device used for storing digital information (according to Wikipedia). Convenient as memory card is, it is fragile too; so you may easily get a malfunctioning memory card. Well, how to deal with the corrupted memory card properly?
Some people ask "How to recover my files from memory card" while others care more about how to fix the problem to make memory card work normally. We divided this into two categories:
1. For people who have saved very important data on memory card and don't have a backup at hand, they're eager to know the best way to recover data from corrupted memory card.
2. For people who have only saved nonsignificant data on memory card or for people who have the latest backup of all data saved on memory card, they care more about how to bring it back to normal work.
To be honest, both are difficult tasks for inexperienced users. Because of this, we provide solutions to free data recovery on memory card (using MiniTool Power Data Recovery) as well as corrupted memory card repair (using the error-checking feature, Windows Disk Management or cmd.exe). You can choose to read only the part you're interested in.
In the last part of this article, we give our suggestions on things to do and things not to do, in order to help people protect their memory card in an efficient way.
Please leave a short message below if you have any questions and we'll respond you very soon.
Common problems related to partition recovery and our solutions:
- You're Able To Recover Data From Dead MacBook, That's Impressive
- Unexpected Shutdown –Missing Data? Get It Fixed Here
- Lose Data In Weird Ways – Easy Tips For Quick Recovery
- MiniTool Power Data Recovery 7.0 Crack Free Download with Serial Code
- MiniTool Power Data Recovery Crack Keygen Isn’t Reliable
- Make Use of Formatted Data Recovery Software for Memory Card.