Lost Pictures On Canon Digital Camera, How To Get Them Back
- React Properly after You Lost Pictures on Canon Digital Camera
- Recover Pictures from Camera in Time
- Tips for Protecting Your Camera & Memory Card
- Related Articles
- User Comments
One of the most important reasons why people enjoy taking pictures with a camera is that pictures can help them capture the beautiful sceneries and freeze the unforgettable moments. Some pictures are particularly meaningful to us since we'll never have a chance to go back to the place in the photo or back to that precious moment. Well, among all digital camera brands, Canon is popular and enjoys high reputation all over the world. No wonder there are so many people care about Canon digital camera picture recovery.
React Properly after You Lost Pictures on Canon Digital Camera
Have you ever lost pictures on Canon digital camera? Please calm down when you run into this trouble; no matter what the reason is to lead to digital camera data loss, you've got a chance to regain the lost pictures. Some people would ask: what if I do not know anything about the lost picture recovery? Our answer is that you also don't need to worry too much; you just need this digital camera picture recovery software – MiniTool Power Data Recovery, which has good compatibility in regard to file support types.
It works great for Canon photo recovery on Windows. But you have to keep the following things in mind in order to recover all your lost pictures.
- Firstly, you must stop using the camera at once.
- Then, hurry up to get a proper edition of MiniTool Power Data Recovery when you find Canon camera pictures disappeared.
- Afterward, install the software to your computer.
- Next, take out your memory card & connect it to your computer.
- Finally, run the software in order to get pictures from camera to computer.
Please note that the MiniTool Power Data Recovery Free Edition V7.0 can help you recover at most 1GB of data. To recover more, you must acquire a license for another advanced edition.
Recover Pictures from Camera in Time
In general, the pictures taken by Canon digital camera are in RAW image format, mainly CRW and CR2 files. Believe it or not, CRW and CR2 are two excellent file formats for photos due to those reasons: one, they haven't gone through lossy compression; and two, they will not lead to the loss of quality. Considering this, we'll now focus on how to recover Canon CRW and CR2 photo files.
Actually, there are four common kinds of situations of losing pictures on Canon digital camera.
2. The pictures are disappeared somehow; the memory card works fine after the loss of picture.
3. People have formatted the memory card in Canon camera by mistake.
4. The memory card is corrupted due to certain reasons.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery may do you a favor in all of above situations. Please follow what we said in the previous part – get & install the software, connect your memory card to computer and launch software to start recovery.
Now, please take a look at the following content to see how to get pictures from camera to computer
Recovery Solution for Situation 1 & 2
Since the memory card still works normally after people deleted photos or after photos were lost, we advise you to use the "Undelete Recovery" module or "Digital Media Recovery" module. Now, let's see how to recover deleted photos from Canon DSLR or recover deleted photos from Canon EOS camera.
Step 1: choose the "Undelete Recovery" module from the main interface of software by clicking on it. After that, you'll see the following interface, in which you're expected to select the drive that represents your memory card taken out from Canon digital camera. Then, you need to click on "Scan" button to start searching for the lost pictures.
If you forget to connect the memory card to the computer before, you may connect it right now and then press the "Refresh" button to refresh current partition list in order to show the newly connected device.
Step 2: wait for the completion of the scan. It won't take much time to scan the whole memory card unless the card has some physical problems. When the scan is over, you'll see the scan result and you need to browse the found files one by one carefully. Then, add a checkmark in front of the pictures that you want to recover and click on "Save" button to set a storage path for them (please don't save them to the memory card again in case of data overwriting).
You can click on the "Preview" button in the right panel to see a bigger & clearer image and to see its hex information.
Step 3: go to check the recovered pictures and make sure if these are all the files you need. If yes, you can close the software and finish the Canon photo recovery.
If this fails to find any pictures or fails to find some of the ones you need, you may as well try again by choosing "Digital Media Recovery". As for how to get back pictures deleted from memory card with this module, basically, the steps are the same except that you should click on "Full Scan" button in step 1.
Can MiniTool Power Data Recovery also help with Canon video recovery? How to recover deleted videos from Canon camera? To find out clear answers to those questions, you should read this post carefully.
Recovery Solution for Situation 3 & 4
Well, in both situation 3 and 4, the memory card is damaged; to finish Canon photo recovery for Windows at this time, you should use "Damaged Partition Recovery" module.
Step 1: choose the "Damaged Partition Recovery" module when your memory card is formatted, corrupted or becomes RAW. Then, you'll enter the interface shown below. Here, you also need to select the memory card from the partition list. Then, click on the "Full Scan" button to start scanning.
But before the full scan, you can click on the "Settings" button in the lower left corner to set "Extra search for known file types". Expand "Graphics & Picture" option to check "Canon CRW File (*.crw)" and "Canon CR2 File (*.cr2)" only; in the meantime, uncheck all other folder options. At last, click on the "OK" button to confirm your selection in this step and click on "Full Scan" to move on to the next step.
Step 2: wait patiently for the scan; the full scan will last a little bit longer. And it will find more than one possible partitions for you at the end of the full scan and the software will choose some of them to list if there are too many partitions found in the specified device.
Step 3: look through the listed partitions one by one to see whether you can find all the picture files you want to recover.
- If none of the photos you need are found, you may click on the "Back" button to choose other partitions to have a look (if there are);
- If all of them are there, please check them carefully and click on "Save" button to recover them to another safe place (not the memory card);
- If some of them are found, you may recover them first and then click on "Back" button to try to find others in other partitions or arrange another round of scan.
That's all about lost pictures recovery on Canon digital camera with MiniTool Power Data Recovery V7.0 – Registered (Personal License). If you would like to know how to recover deleted photos from Canon camera for free, please try the free edition yourself (which allows you to recover no more than 1GB data).
Tips for Protecting Your Camera & Memory Card
In the photographic activities, in addition to the lens and other components of the digital camera, the memory card is also a very important part. The improper use or disposal of memory card could make the data disappear from it or damage the entire card. As a result, we'd like to show you some maintenance tips for protecting your memory card and the digital camera components.
Memory Card Maintenance
We'll talk about the protection of memory card in mainly three aspects.
- Usage of memory card: you must first turn off the digital camera whether you plan to insert a memory card into or taking it out from the camera; don't move the memory card when the camera is still working.
Besides, please note the orientation when inserting a memory card into the digital camera; the specified memory card can only be loaded into the camera in the specified orientation, otherwise, damages will be brought to the card slot and the card itself.
- Formatting of memory card: be very careful when you format the memory card. The formatting methods of the memory card in different digital cameras are not the same, so you should read the camera operating instructions and then hands-on.
In general, the memory cards that come with the digital camera have already been formatted at the factory and can be used directly after purchase. Of course, you can format the card again on the camera, but you need to pay much attention in order to avoid mistakes. Besides, you may look at this post to know how to format a memory card easily on the computer (you must format the memory card with a file system that your camera can support).
You must make sure that all files on the memory card have been saved to your computer or other devices before doing the format work.
- Placement of memory card: do not place the memory card in an environment with high temperature or direct sunlight. Do not press or bend the memory card and you must avoid the memory card fall and impact. You also need to avoid extremely high/low temperature, high humidity, static electricity and magnetic field environment. You'd better put the memory card (which stores important pictures) into the anti-static box when placing or moving it, getting away from the liquid and corrosive material.
Digital Camera Maintenance
- Lens: the camera lens is a very sophisticated part, and anti-reflective & enhanced coating treatment has been made to its surface. Please be sure not to touch the lens directly with your hand. After the camera is used, the lens will be stained with dust; at this time, the best way to clean it is to gently brush with a soft brush or to gently wipe with a dedicated lens cloth or lens paper. But you should keep this in mind – it is a last resort to wipe the lens (since the film on the camera lens may be damaged easily).
- Camera housings: generally, the housings of the digital camera is made up of two kinds of materials - alloy material (such as aluminum alloy and magnesium alloy) or industrial plastic (which has a similar texture with metal shell after special processing). No matter how careful you are, you'll inevitably leave your hand sweat, fingerprints or other stains on the shell. In this case, you can drop the special cleaning fluid onto a soft cotton cloth to wipe the stains.
- LCD: color LCD is an important part of the digital camera; it is very expensive and easy to be damaged. So you need to be very careful when using; don't let the LCD screen be scratched by hard objects. Some color LCD screens are provided with a protective film on its surface while some are not. The latter is more fragile, so we advise you to choose a color LCD screen with film (you can also add a screen protector manually) and relatively high price.
- Battery: being different from traditional cameras, the digital cameras have a particularly high demand for electricity. Therefore, the lithium batteries and nickel-metal hydride batteries become popular since they are reusable and can provide strong power. Reasonably, you should pay special attention to the battery when using, placing or carrying the digital camera. Stay away from dust, water, high temperature, high humidity or other inappropriate environments.
Almost all of us enjoy using a digital camera for it enriches our lives and helps us keep a lot of precious memories. Well, when you're excited after taking some wonderful pictures, please don't forget to protect your camera and memory card. Once accidents occur, you'll lose them all.
Lost pictures on Canon digital camera is not a rare problem, it has happened to a lot of people. That's why we decide to write this article to mainly focus on retrieving CRW and CR2 photo files (the standard formats of pictures taken by Canon – one of the most popular cameras).
When you find Canon camera pictures disappeared, please don't waste any time; obtain MiniTool Power Data Recovery right away and run it to get pictures from camera to computer easily by following the steps illustrated in the "Recover Pictures from Camera in Time" part.